Add to this I have really been hitting the beer this year and I was starting to really feel shit for it, and I've realized its just pointless (something I realized with the fags ages ago), so I am going to cut it out for a bit.
So there you have it - with only 111 days left now until the race starts on the 25th September I need to try and try and loose 2.5 stone (35lbs / 16 kg) more to make it easier on my body and knees.
I started without the beer on Wednesday 3rd June weighing in at 15.13 stone (was 15.6 this morning) and I have to admit I have found it pretty easy so far. It was Lucy's Birthday on Saturday but I managed to abstain (whilst getting told I was a smug bastard LOL). We were taken out to a real ale pub and for a couple of meals but only lime juice and soda water passed my lips - Can you see the halo above my head). I did feel like a pint slightly whilst watching the Grand Prix - but probably because its was Sunday afternoon...
Only problem so far is I have noticed I have really really craved chocolate and sugar Haribos. But seeing as I was consuming between 500 - 1200 calories through Beer and Wine I reckon a 200 calorie mars bar shouldn't upset the balance.
Mum's coming round tonight and she's getting us an Indian take away so will have to pick the right stuff - was thinking of either Tandoori Chicken or someone mentioned Chicken Bhuna as the healthiest out there. Is it??
Monday's a rest day so wont be doing any running after running for the past 6 days. So have done press ups and sits ups on the swiss ball, done 5 minutes boxing and taken the hounds for a walk for half an hour.
3rd June - Blood pressure was 127.5/87 - Resting heart rate 55
8th June - 124/84 - Resting heart rate 48
Check back over the next few days to see how its going.

No comments:
Post a Comment