Monday, 15 June 2009

13 down

Well I have to admit to not feeling too hot today. I started feeling ropey after lunch yesterday. I mentioned last week that I thought Holly was coming down with something so I reckon Lu and I have caught what ever bug it is off her. I feel a bit sick, very hot and clammy, am getting head spins when sitting up as well as a runny nose. Oh joy!

I was a bit naughty on Thursday and Friday with drinking a fair few pints. I also had 3 cans yesterday lunchtime after my 10 mile run, however I am still pleased to have only drunk on those 3 days out of 2 weeks.

The scales this morning said I was actually a lb heavier than I was last week, so am going to leave off this weeks weigh in until tomorrow as it may just be a blip. According to the calorie counting website we are using I have actually consumed 3000 calories more than my weeks target (to loose 2lb) so I should have lost one :( My clothes do seem to be a bit looser and I look thinner than I did.

Blood pressure and resting heart rate this morning is 122/85 - 42BPM

Pleased to report I managed to break 34 miles in training last week. Thats 4 more than I was originally planning. I found yesterdays run to be very hard (luckily it was flat) as I felt I had no energy - Probably cause of bug. Saturdays 6 miles weren't too bad.

This week I hope to make it to 35. I have two races this week - the first is the Shroughbourgh Relays which take place on Cannock Chase. It is a 4 person relay race and the club are taking 48 people. Each person only has to run 2 miles, I'm in a team with Jon, Wife Sarah, and Daughter Clare - Their surname is Aston, so we are called the Aston Martins!

The 2nd race is my own race - The Holly Half Marathon on Sunday - to say we are getting excited is an understatement. We have a hot tub party, bbq and band planned for afterwards. We had had 3 people drop out in the past few weeks, but have managed to resell the places so it is a sell out for its first year !!

1 comment:

  1. No wonder you weren't feeling well, if you jumped off the wagon.

    Congrats on selling out the Holly Half! I'm glad you didn't need me, after all. ;)

    Love the Relay team name!!

    ReplyDelete