Friday, 7 August 2009

OK I just looked at a training plan and I am scared!

Thought I had better update this as its been nearly 3 weeks since I wrote anything.

I have decided to pull out of the 3 marathons in 3 days after my knee gave way as it is still sore when off round. With this in mind I have entered 2 other races - The Anglesey Marathon which is all road and one I have done on 2 other occasions. I have my PB on this course which has held since 2006, so I would really like to beat this after coming so close in London.

The other race I have entered is the Beacons Ultra 45. I always swore I would never run an ultra , I'd say 26.2 miles is plenty why go further. Well something twigged yesterday and I entered just like that. The race is 18 weeks away on the 5th December. Talking about it with Matt last night I jokingly said how hard can it be - well after looking at Hal's training plan I reckon very hard indeed.

My weight loss has come to a sudden stop at 15.00 but considering the junk I have eaten since the 15th July I am not in the slightest surprised. I must get back on it, on Monday. Well make that Tuesday, I'm on holiday Monday. Though the weight has stopped coming off there are definitely changes going on in my body. At my massage this week Di commented saying my upper body had changed considerably. Could be down to the swimming I have been doing as I have swum 0.5 miles 4 times in the past 9 days.

Thats it for this time, I wont leave it so long next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment